Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Those Two Coreys!



Okay, I admit it. I'm a fan of the two Coreys, not only the A&E reality series, but also the films that got them to this point.

Flashback to the 1980s when I became a fan of both Corey Feldman and Corey Haim, based on the fact that they appeared seperately in films that appealed to me. So, it was a no-brainer when they collided on THE LOST BOYS. As my father would say, "That's a Nathan movie!" Well, father, that's actually a Richard Donner/Joel Schumacher movie, but I understand what you mean. Next came the second and third entries in their "good quality" trilogy, LICENSE TO DRIVE and DREAM A LITTLE DREAM, respectively.

While watching the previous season of THE TWO COREYS, I had to complete my Coreys DVD collection. That's right. I broke down and bought the iffy-ones. You know, DREAM A LITTLE DREAM 2 (the one that has the plot about finding... wait for it... a pair of magic sunglasses) and the dreadful (and not just in a DREAD ZEPPELIN sort of way) NATIONAL LAMPOON'S LAST RESORT. If you're thinking, "What about BLOWN AWAY?" Are you kidding? Seriously?! Isn't it obvious that it would have already been in my collection based on the Nicole Eggert factor? She nice, ya' know.

Where was I? Oh yes, the fresh season of THE TWO COREYS. The entire reason for a second season (that rhymes) is for those two crazy kids to patch up their differences, move on and more importantly (in a most absurd way) to film the long-awaited sequel to THE LOST BOYS.

At first, I certainly had my reservations about such a sequel existing, but they were quickly put to rest upon viewing the initial trailer on YouTube which contained footage of Corey Feldman in his Edgar Frog garb (and looking like he stepped right out of a time machine) to the beat of a great new cover of "Cry Little Sister" performed by Aiden. I have to say that it all works. I want to see it.

Well, that was the original trailer to the original movie, which has since been revised post-WGA strike to include scenes involving newly-cast Corey Haim. I'm curious to see how this all will come together. THE LOST BOYS: THE TRIBE goes straight-to-video (as was always intended) and streets July 29th, the same day as another '80's straight-to-video sequel, WAR GAMES: THE DEAD CODE.
Whuh? Yeah, I know.


  • UPDATE (07/30/08)

LOST BOYS: THE TRIBE stinks.
Such a failed opportunity.
Pure poo, folks.
And, yes, I should have known.

No comments: